The Best of Sinulog Dinner Buffets in Cebu
When people travel, part of the experience being looked forward to is trying the local cuisine. This is one way of discovering the local culture. In the Philippines, there are numerous places known to have distinct and delectable dishes. One such place is Cebu.
One of the most developed provinces in the Philippines is found in the Visayas region. Cebu City is the main center of commerce, trade, industry and education in this part of the country. An international airport operates in this metropolitan city which is why Cebu City’s food offerings cater to both local and international tastes. The number of tourists greatly increase especially during the Sinulog festival which is one of the most anticipated festivals in the Philippines.
The following restaurants are some of Cebu’s top buffet choices especially during the Sinulog festival:
- Marriott Hotel (Cebu City). Marriott Hotel offers Garden Café Seafood Buffet, with fresh seafood every Friday night, back to back with the Saturday Night Prime Rib Buffet. Sunday’s feature is Sunday Bubbles and Brunch. International Dinner Buffet is served nightly.
- Marco Polo Hotel (Lahug). This is Cebu City’s favorite Buffet restaurant. It is a signature outlet that features delectable Asian international buffet and a-la-carte dishes. Marco Polo serves an assortment of sushi, international dishes, amazing desserts and a wonderful choice of meats.
- Shangri-La Hotel (Mactan). Tides in Shangri-La Hotel is an interactive lifestyle restaurant that features an open kitchen and buffet of international dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cowrie Cove Restaurant offers a variety of different buffets throughout the week.
- Gustavian Hotel (Ayala Mall). Mainly serving European cuisine, Gustavian Hotel offers excellent buffet menu which includes a wide variety of dishes – crab salad, great meats, excellent pasta, mussels in white sauce, fish and chips, traditional sausages, hamburgers, and selected wines and cocktails. High-end menu includes delicious tenderloin in gorganzola or peppercor sauce, and lamb shanks.
- Parklane Hotel. This luxurious hotel has a beautiful dining area with excellent buffet offering. Menu includes Filipino, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, Spanish and a fusion of Asian cuisine. The famous Cebu lechon is served for lunch buffet every day. Clams and scallops are the buffet menu’s best seller.
- Family Choice Restaurant. (Country Mall and Gorordo Ave). This restaurant offers a great variety of foods in the buffet menu. Not as pricey and high-standard as Marco Polo, Family Choice Restaurant has simple value for money dishes.
- Waterfront Hotel Cebu. The Port Buffet Restaurant at the ground level of the Waterfront Hotel Cebu offers Daily Buffet which includes Lunch and Dinner Buffet and which features German cuisine such as beef goulash roasted beef, pork schnitzel, Hungarian sausage, German potato salad and sauerkraut and other international dishes.
- Radisson Blue Hotel Cebu. Feria is the in-house restaurant of Radisson Blue Hotel which serves both buffet and a-la-carte options all day long. Buffet menu includes fresh local cuisine and a variety of international dishes.
- Tongs Restaurant. This is a famous buffet restaurant in Cebu located across the road from Sarrosa International Hotel in Mabolo. Tongs Restaurant is renamed “AAA Diamond Tongs” and offers at least 26 dishes to choose from the buffet menu every day. Roast pork (lechon) and oysters (talaba) remain the top choices.
- Imperial Palace Hotel Cebu. Familia Buffet Restaurant of the Imperial Palace Hotel offers a wide array of breakfast, lunch and dinner with four live stations: Japanese, Western, Oriental and the ever famous dessert station.